LOCATION: Knotts Bakery Limited 22 Crawfordsburn Road, Newtownards
HOURS: 3-4 hrs per day (starting 11am), 4 day per week over Monday – Friday per rota, No weekend work
WAGE: depending on experience
Knotts Craft Bakery, our sister company, has been operating since 1979. We are an award winning, family run craft bakery renowned for our moreish pastries, beautiful cakes and homemade breads. We now have three shops operating in Newtownards, Holywood and more recently in Belfast on the Lisburn Road.
At Knotts Bakery we believe in making bread and patisserie of the highest quality using only the finest ingredients. All our breads, pastries, pies and cakes are handcrafted and baked in our purpose-built ovens in our Bakery in Newtownards making Knotts a truly artisan Bakery.
Our working environment/culture is of the upmost importance to us. We believe that every single one of our staff should be happy and comfortable in their workplace.
We strive to encourage career progression and recognise that some of the greatest ideas will come from employees who are the very core of our business. We encourage you to express yourself through the business and believe that your passion will drive our success.
As a family-owned business, we welcome you to our family and hope that together we can form a relationship that gives you the chance to fulfil your potential, as well as contribute to the company’s success.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, enthusiastic individual to join the team.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Measuring and weighing wet and dry ingredients
- Using mixers to blend the ingredients
- Monitoring the standard of ingredients
- Baking various types of bread and other bakery products in large batches.
- Cleaning machinery and work station
- Ensures compliance with hygiene and health and safety legislation/guidelines
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone who is:
- Previous food production experience is desirable for the role but not essential.
- Ability to multitask and follow instructions given by bakers.
- An effective communicator who can work well as part of a team in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use your own initiative, be pro-active and adaptable to change and production demands.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Company Pension Scheme
- On-site parking
- Staff discount
- Chefs uniforms
- Staff meals whilst on shift
Please send your CV through to Julie Graham at email@example.com